A component-based website for a business at the forefront of an ever-evolving digital and linear TV landscape.
Media is always evolving. Now imagine building an ultra-flexible website for an innovative business that’s at the forefront of an ever-changing media landscape. That was the challenge when FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, enlisted Yamamoto to design and develop a multifaceted, highly content-adaptable website that can rapidly grow with the business.
Like many websites, the new FreeWheel site leverages the WordPress content management system (CMS), which makes updating the site easy for internal employees.
Yamamoto took this one step further by designing a component-based site build. The development is comparable to mix-and-match building blocks that can be leveraged to make up a number of different-looking pages. Now, when a new page is needed, all the design tools are in place to expedite the process while maintaining a consistent brand look and feel.
Key design and development methods include:
- Subtle animations that emphasize key content
- Hero videos that add ambience to catch viewers’ attention
- Brand-forward design with animation and gradation of the FreeWheel wheel
- Sliced hero imagery that juxtaposes the wheel with the background and foreground while emphasizing color change
- An insights page that allows users to quickly scan blog content to easily access deeper content
- An app-like mobile navigation menu that is as beautiful as it is functional
Check out the full FreeWheel site here.