Yamamoto wants you, a Mid to Senior level Art Director who is super design friendly with a delightfully conceptual mind. We need your skills, talents and precious time to create powerful, attention stealing, innovative and very good-looking ideas. We need you from the first tingle to the final pixel of logo creation, video, print, social, digital, experiential and OOH. Oh, and we’d really love that you’re pretty close to being on strategy.
At Yamamoto, an Art Director formulates and executes concepts ranging from general ideation to logo creation to TV, print, social, digital, experiential and outdoor that effectively communicate the strategic intent of each tactic. Our Art Director should have 3-5 years of agency experience.
- Create and implement creative solutions that support our clients’ business objectives while upholding our production standards
- Review and refine creative through concept to production to ensure a top quality end product
- Develop concepts and collaborate with copywriters/team to produce great (not just good) ideas
- Work seamlessly with mac artists and production to ensure design integrity for the final product
- Lead or participate in internal creative reviews, as required by team assignment
- Lead or participate in creative discussions and presentations to clients, as required by team assignment
- Stay current on issues affecting advertising
- Help establish and maintain quality and award-‐winning work that goes beyond design and cuts to brand image and identity
- Understand digital and social media and emerging technology design needs
- Ensure that ideas/designs are produced in a timely, budget-–conscious manner
- Maintain interaction with creative staff and client services on project requirements
- Responsible for contributing to creative services profitability
- Perform administrative duties on a timely basis as required
The Art Director has a responsibility to the corporation as a whole.
- Agency Representative in the Community – Represent Yamamoto positively in the business and advertising communities
- Agency Growth – Assist in pursuing new opportunities with assigned clients and new business initiatives
- Agency Commitment – Demonstrate loyalty to the agency
- Agency Culture – Demonstrate agency core values: Curious, Creative and Courageous
- Curious - We never stop learning or exploring
- Creative - We light up the room with engaging imagination
- Courageous - We are fearless and are up for any challenge
Our ideal candidate:
- Having interesting, relevant and surprising ideas.
- Building on other people’s interesting, relevant and surprising ideas.
- Having some tricks up your sleeve to elegantly solve common client asks.
- Having more pride and passion about your work than necessary.
- Wanting to make things that haven’t been made before.
- Wanting to become better at all of the above.
- Listen to client’s needs and helping them with their goals, while still making something great.
- Willingness to review and refine the things you’re working on.
- Work well with occasionally emotionally needy copywriters to produce great (not just good) ideas
- Work seamlessly with mac artists and production to ensure design integrity for the final Which probably requires some attention to detail, like organizing your PS layers.
- Love and obsess about advertising in a way that non-adverting people think is super weird.
- Help establish and maintain quality and award-‐winning work.
- Understand the design needs of digital and social media and emerging technology
- Solid working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite required. No seriously, please.
- Can work hard and be nice to people.