Yamamoto wants you. We need your skills and talents to create bold, strategic, impossible to ignore messages that will live in video, print, digital, events and everywhere else in the world. We need your to write honestly, bravely and with wit. We need you to use insights and data as fuel for more interesting things and not as walls holding you back. The ideal candidate is a creative collaborist, talented wordworker, and grammar maven. You will be responsible for developing marketing and content that will elevate and amplify our client voices.
Please have a creative portfolio for us to review.
- Collaborate with fellow creatives and clients to produce great ideas and the words that make them live.
- Write for print, broadcast and online media to promote the sale of goods or services.
- Review, edit and refine copy from concept to production to ensure tip-top-quality.
- Write what copy is needed to promote agency.
- Lead internal creative/copy reviews, discussions and presentations to clients
- Stay current on issues affecting the creative profession and culture.
- Understand and write for digital and social media and emerging technology needs
- Ensure correctness of grammar, spelling, punctuation and other style mechanics
- Ensure documents conform to client brand guidelines/style guides and update as needed
- Produce ideas on time and on budget
- Interact with creative staff and client services on project requirements
- Contribute to the profitability of creative services
- Help us pursue new opportunities with assigned clients and initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years experience as an advertising copywriter doing advertising copywriter stuff
- Positive team player with a can-do attitude
- Creative portfolio demonstrating creative experience across all media
- Demonstrate agency core values of being curious, creative and courageous
- Currently residing in Minneapolis, MN or willing to relocate