The senior project manager is responsible for creating and maintaining project plans for projects in a creative advertising agency. This include schedules and estimates, scopes of work, maintaining job files, tracking and monitoring progress against the SOW, communicating status, alerting team of potential problems, routing and reviewing projects and coordinating internal meetings.
- Act as central knowledge base, communicating relevant project information accurately and quickly while providing clear direction to team on deliverables, budget (hours) and timing
- Ensure that projects are produced timely, on budget and with the degree of quality promised to the client
- Estimate client projects based on team input, account services insights, market value and historical data
- Develop overall project plan that including the timeline, maintain updates to the resource tracking program, highlight key project milestones and create internal/external status reports
- Lead status meeting updates relative to project status updates and timelines
- Able to prioritize, manage and move along multiple projects, anticipate project breakdowns, clarify needs, manage conflict and manage profitability to meet project goals
- Provide quality control by ensuring the review process is completed consistently, the client style guide is utilized and that the piece(s) is/are viewed as a whole
- Facilitate internal briefings and ensure pre-production meetings occur
- Document and maintain project details such as rounds of revisions, revision requests/detail, approvals, third party purchasing, contributions to client style guides, etc.
- Work with Operations and Resource manager to anticipate and communicate resources needed to deliver work on a timely basis
- Determine best-quality/cost-effective execution
- Must have relevant project management experience in an advertising agenc
- Assist account management in growing the client relationship, serving as tactical client communicator when needed
- Manage resources; maintain margin standards and regular meetings (monthly or weekly as appropriate for the account) to review budget status and gross income for assigned accounts. This should be done with and/or published to the Account lead
- Prepare and monitor accurately priced, appropriately scoped projects
- Ensure that account management achieves timely estimate/proposal/change order approvals to proceed with client projects
- Work with accounting to execute client billing process
Internal Agency Responsibilities:
The Project Manager has specific internal agency responsibilities.
- Training – Partake in structured and unstructured training opportunities to remain familiar with best practices in project management, agency trends and technology options.
- Administration – Adhere to and support agency/departmental policies and systems.
Agency Corporate Responsibilities:
The Project Manager has a responsibility to the corporation as a whole.
- Agency Representative in the Community – Represent Yamamoto positively in the business and advertising communities
- Agency Growth – Assist in pursuing new opportunities with assigned clients and new business initiatives
- Agency Commitment – Demonstrate loyalty to the agency
- Agency Culture – Demonstrate agency core values: curious, creative and courageous
- Curious: We never stop learning or exploring.
- Creative: We light up the room with engaging imagination.
- Courageous: We are fearless and are up for any challenge.