The Senior Brand Strategist is a T-shaped thinker responsible for planning, developing and driving positioning and communications across all marketing channels. This person sits at the intersection of planning, managing and making. You understand and appreciate both the big picture and the details involved in reaching the end goal. You take initiative and don’t always wait for formal direction – you thrive on finding solutions and tackling challenges. You are curious, creative, analytical, conceptual and courageous.
The Senior Strategist is a committed, enthusiastic thinker who:
- Evaluates competitive landscapes and target audiences to find ownable strategic positions
- Refines and condenses insights, while working closely with creative leadership to arrive at strong, succinct strategic POVs
- Thinks in terms of branded solutions that blend strategy, technology, creative and data to drive desired perceptions and behaviors
- Collaborates well with clients and account, creative and media staff
The Senior Strategist has an innate understanding of brand positioning and marketing communications in the modern world, with a focus on how target audiences think, behave, build perceptions and consume information. This person serves as a key member of internal agency teams and plays an essential client-facing role in gathering direction and presenting our strategic thinking.
- Work with account teams to identify client business objectives and marketing goals
- Uncover the needs, wants, concerns and touch points of the target audience
- Gather category information, conduct primary and secondary research, develop user profiles and personas, conduct surveys, web analytics and social media monitoring
- Work with account teams to develop and articulate key messages for assigned clients
- Support account teams in planning integrated, multi-channel campaigns
- Work closely with external partners and 3rd party solutions for effective research, planning and implementation
- Provide strategic direction for clients’ brands
- Appraise clients’ current corporate and product/service brand equities
- Analyze competitors and categories in order to propose or challenge brand opportunities
- Identifying relevant trends in global consumer or business culture
- Brand identity analysis and bench-marking
- Conduct, gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative research to extract insights that shape strategy
- Conduct stakeholder interviews
- Create online research questionnaires guiding primary research
- Develop customer journey maps/experience maps to identify brand experience gaps and create better alternatives
Technology and Metrics
- Support results: understand web and social media analytics and help tell the story about how these analytics contribute to marketing ROI, campaign development and optimization
- Spot trends and technology shaping modern marketing and help apply those trends to improve our clients business.
- Be aware of the latest technology solutions that can deliver the experience, drive behavior and measure the engagement
Agency Corporate Responsibilities:
- Agency Representative in the Community – Represent Yamamoto positively in the business and advertising communities
- Agency Growth – Assist in pursuing new opportunities with assigned clients and new business initiatives
- Agency Commitment – Demonstrate loyalty to the agency
- Agency Culture – Demonstrate agency core values: curious, creative and courageous
- Curious - We never stop learning or exploring.
- Creative - We light up the room with engaging imagination.
- Courageous - We are fearless and are up for any challenge.
Required/Desired Qualifications based on a minimum of 5 years experience.