The Copywriter produces bold, strategic, persuasive messages in all types of media and modifies existing copy to clarify meaning and conform to client brand guidelines/style guides.
- Collaborate with the client and creative services to produce great ideas and the words that bring them to life
- Write for print, broadcast and online media to promote the sale of goods or services
- Review, edit and refine copy from concept to production to ensure a top-quality end product
- Write case studies and other marketing copy to promote agency
- Lead internal creative/copy reviews as required by client assignment
- Lead creative discussions and presentations to clients relating to copy, as needed
- Stay current on issues affecting the creative profession
- Understand digital and social media and emerging technology needs
- Ensure correctness of grammar, spelling, punctuation and other style mechanics
- Ensure documents conform to client brand guidelines/style guides and update as needed
- Ensure that ideas are produced in a timely, on-budget fashion
- Maintain interaction with creative staff and client services on project requirements
- Responsible for contributing to creative services profitability
- Perform administrative duties on a timely basis as required
Internal Agency Responsibilities:
The Copywriter has specific internal agency responsibilities.
- Training – Partake in structured and unstructured training opportunities to learn the next level up and what further learning is needed to be successful
- Administration – Adhere to and support agency/departmental policies and systems
Agency Corporate Responsibilities:
The Copywriter has a responsibility to the corporation as a whole.
- Agency Representative in the Community – Represent Yamamoto positively in the business and advertising communities
- Agency Growth – Assist in pursuing new opportunities with assigned clients and new business initiatives
- Agency Commitment – Demonstrate loyalty to the agency
- Agency Culture – Demonstrate agency core values: curious, creative and courageous
- Curious - We never stop learning or exploring.
- Creative - We light up the room with engaging imagination.
- Courageous - We are fearless and are up for any challenge.
1–5 years in the industry
Creative portfolio demonstrating creative experience across all media