The Account Manager works in conjunction with the primary representative of the agency on assigned pieces of business. He/she is responsible for maintaining solid working relationships with client contacts and for proper servicing of his/her assigned accounts. He/she helps formulate the agency’s recommendations and helps ensure work is on strategy, on time and within budget.
The Account Manager reports to an Account Supervisor or Account Director and manages the planning and execution of client initiatives while striving for successful, growing relationships with assigned clients.
The Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned accounts (often working closely with senior account management) and assisting in each account’s growth, profitability and relationship with the client and internal teams.
- Client service – Provide excellent service and manage client expectations by understanding client marketing goals, knowing project details and communicating clear, concise information in an engaging manner.
- Financial Responsibility – Profitable management of select accounts, which includes budgeting, control of expenses and accurate income forecasting.
- Relationship – Develop and maintain positive relationships with day-to-day client contacts and agency teams.
Specific Account Responsibility:
The Account Manager is responsible for facilitating strategic development and assists with planning on assigned client accounts providing clear, actionable direction on client projects.
- Objective and Results-Oriented – Accomplish marketing goals and achieve the client’s business objectives, providing measurable proof of the agency’s contribution.
- Responsible for healthy client relationships
- Responsible for quality client management outputs
- Initiative – Responsible for helping to lead the client with business, operational and advertising ideas and for establishing a long-term vision about the client’s business with team assistance.
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of the client’s business
- Assist with new business development on assigned accounts
- Trusted Consultant – Understand the client’s business, contribute to idea generation and demonstrate deep client business insight
- Collaboration – Provides excellent account management internally and externally
- Support the planning and execution of advertising and marketing activities for clients
- Support the development of programs in accordance with clients’ objectives and budgets
- Review clients’ plans with the client lead
- Review creative and other staff work to ensure that it reflects the strategy and objectives
- Oversee the scheduling and flow of work with project management as the executor
Help Clients Win:
The Account Manager must embrace the agency’s corporate position and actively support its existence.
- Demonstrate a “help clients succeed” attitude.
- Positive, helpful participation.
Internal Agency Responsibilities:
The Account Manager has specific internal agency responsibilities.
- Training – Partake in structured and unstructured training opportunities.
- Utilization of Agency Resources – Manage use of internal resources in a cost-efficient manner through clear, actionable direction and understanding/consolidating client direction.
- Administration – Adhere to and support agency and departmental policies and systems.
Agency Corporate Responsibilities:
The Account Manager has a responsibility to the corporation as a whole.
- Agency Representative in the Community – Represent Yamamoto positively in the business and advertising communities.
- Agency Growth – Actively pursue new opportunities with assigned clients.
- Agency Commitment – Demonstrate loyalty to the agency.
- Agency Culture – Demonstrate agency core values: curious, creative and courageous.
- Curious - We never stop learning or exploring.
- Creative - We light up the room with engaging imagination.
- Courageous - We are fearless and are up for any challenge.